Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Wow!  What a ride May was!!!  I had the great fortune to not only be working quite often and in several cities but to also be able to make over 2 dozen appearances in my work cities, here in Las Vegas and in my other home town of Denver.  One of the things I love most about my job as a professional spokesmodel is that I am on the road quite often and am able to utilize that travel to also represent my title.  If you're a woman and reading this you'll understand how adept we are at multi-tasking!  If you're a man, I'm sorry, this is probably written in a foreign language!  ;-) 

I am one of those people who not only delights in having a VERY full plate but who performs best with one.  Case in point, right now I'm listening to a book on tape while I type this and have three other open windows on my computer switching back and forth.  Time management is not only a well developed skill, but a really fun game...to me at least!  This skill was taught to me by my more than incredible Mom who would sometimes work three jobs in day to take care of home and hearth.  She never complained and always had a smile on her face and a ready hug!  She is a woman who has always led by example and I endeavor to be as like her as possible!  However, I digress...

I was able to make some appearances VERY close to my heart this past month...pun intended!  May saw both the St. Jude black tie gala and The Heart Ball for the American Heart Association.

There were also golf tournaments, speaking engagements, television and radio spots as well as articles that I wrote on pageantry and my mission within the same published.  It was quite a whirlwind that has a long lasting smile plastered on my face! 

What's next?  This month has even more appearances calendared.  One of the highlights is that I am going to be singing the National Anthem at the June 22 Reno Aces baseball game.  Aside from the singing part, I am most excited because I have over 20 friends and family members who are going to be attending including an aunt and uncle that are traveling from Missouri to spend their 60th wedding anniversary with me and our family at the game!  I am beyond honored that they are choosing this as their anniversary destination and cannot wait to see them!

Until the next time, have a blessed day and seize every opportunity to make someone smile! 

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment