Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's just around the corner!

One month from tomorrow I will leave the comfort of home and hearth to head to Chicago and attempt to become Mrs. International 2013!  Notice I did not say compete.  Even though it is a competition I don't view my being there as competing against anyone.  Instead I see this as an opportunity to become an even better me, to make new potentially life long friends, to step outside of the box, i.e., my comfort zone and to maybe learn a little more about who I am and why I am so motivated!  I burn to serve my title, St. Jude and Go Red specifically and charities in general!  It is such a large part of who I am!  You see I set a goal and that goal was to be able to serve to the best of my ability.  To me that means from the highest attainable pulpit...that of Mrs. International.  I have not reached that goal, therefore I cannot and will not quit.  I laughed as I typed the word quit as I was reminded of Fonzie trying to say words that went against his grain!  It doesn't flow well in the spoken or written word for me!  It is not now nor has it ever been an option.  One of the more wonderful things about being a bit older is that I now know that I am not competing against anyone else.  I don't feel the need to discredit others or play mind games...although I never did...even in my younger days!  I am here for one and all now and will be there in a month to help anyone who needs it; to play big sis to the new gals coming in to keep them from feeling lost or maybe even insecure.  I can tell you that was how I felt last year walking into a room of incredibly beautiful and accomplished women that I had never met.  It is unsettling at best and destructive at worst.  I don't want anyone to experience that!  I have reached out in an attempt to help and have had my hand bitten twice already.  So be it.  I will continue to reach out and help where/when I can.  Bite me if you choose to, be my friend if you choose to.  It matters not.  You see I am not your competitor.  The judges will choose who they feel the best woman for the job is...period.  My hurting or helping you will not matter to them...but it matters exponentially to me.  I could not live with myself were I to leave you to flounder or try to harm you.  I am who I am.  I work hard and serve all.  I smile until it hurts and keep smiling.  I try to make everyone who comes near me feel special and loved...if only for a moment.  I am as God made me and I hope that I am found worthy of the title.  I can assure you that with me there is no hidden agenda, no artifice and I am 100% genuine!  I wish each and every one of the ladies the very best of luck!  Let's meet in Chicago and have an amazing week!  I can hardly wait!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment