Monday, March 25, 2013

'March'ing into April!

The past month has been an absolute whirlwind of activity, family and friends!  In the early part of the month I had the opportunity to once again work NASCAR...insane hours, extreme weather (40 degrees and raining one day, 70 and sunny the next) and some of the most wonderful down to earth people ever born!  Many memories were created and some old friendships regained! 

Then, I had the most amazing surprise which led to being able to hand out another surprise!  My two very best friends (since high school!) who are actually my sisters without shared DNA, cooked up a scheme to bring me into Sacramento undercover to surprise my mom (who is their adopted mom as well!) for her 70th birthday on St. Patrick's Day!  We not only surprised her but she just folded right in front of our eyes.  It was a truly special moment for all of us and a weekend full of love, laughter and the things that only life long friends can share and laugh at.  These two women are such a huge part of my heart and soul.  I can't imagine life without them by my side through thick and thin! 


My husband's birthday was the next day, but being the amazingly loving and supportive man that he is he felt it was best that I was with Mom and "The Girls"!  He is incredible and I am blessed!  Following Ed's special day was my brother's 50th!  March is tough on the pocket book!

Last week was booked solid with appearances and sponsor activity!  The highlight of the week was the Twinkle Toez Princess Party for young ladies with special needs.  We brought them in, gave them crowns and sashes and then had stations where they could have their hair, make-up and fingernails done, decorate cookies, do arts and crafts, learn dances and learn how to walk like a "Princess".  The Las Vegas community title holders came out in full force!


This Friday my husband and stepson arrive in LV for 9 days of Spring Break and poolside fun!  That doesn't mean that I get to rest my crown and sash the whole time, but I will get to have them by my side which will make my smile even larger than it already is!  I've held the appearances down to five (so far!) while they're here!  I am so glad they love this as much as I!

April has me on the road for as few as five states and as many as seven for appearances that will benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, The American Heart and Stroke Association and many, many others!  I will check in as often as possible!  Until then may your lives be blessed and beyond happy!

XOXO


1 comment: